Wednesday, February 9, 2011
'Almost Heaven' Is Best Entitled, 'FUCKING Heaven' (a porn movie review)
The sixth installment in the New Sensations' Romance Series, Almost Heaven was sheer heaven to actually watch.
New Sensations', Romance Series is "gateway porn" for female audiences. It's an attempt to appeal to a more romantic notion of fucking---to try and get women and couples to have a more positive experience viewing pornography. Well, I only have one thing to say about that---SUCCESS!!!!
Their sixth installment film, Almost Heaven would be far more appropriately entitled FUCKING HEAVEN...because that's exactly the experience I had watching it.
The cast of heavy hitters in the porn biz, Seth Gamble, Xander Corvus, Rocco Reed and the absolutely, undeniably stunning Allie Haze deliver one of the highest quality XXX movies you'll ever see. The acting and storyline are better than anything you'd find on Lifetime or Oxygen...and there is no "fade to commercial" right when things start heating up. In Almost Heaven, you get to watch it all --- from foreplay to cum shot.
I would like to add that as a watcher of GONZO porn, I've gotten a bit desensitized to the softer, more romantic stuff...but I have to admit, I couldn't have been more enthralled by this movie if I tried. There was such a true connection between the pairings, especially Allie Haze and Xander Corvus (who are not just incredibly good actors, but extremely attractive to boot). I'm not sure whether the connection they had during their very enjoyable sex scene, was merely a put-on by two very talented actors...or if they genuinely were getting off on one another. I'd like to believe the latter.
In a job where fucking IS the job, I have often wondered when or if those lines get blurred. Usually, as much as I enjoy the poking and prodding and groping and ramming...it rarely ever seems more than a simple day's work for these actors. But in Almost Heaven, I half-expected to read somewhere that Xander and Allie were an item afterwards...it looked like their focus and intention throughout their entire scene...was to actually make the experience pleasurable for one another and NOT for all the horny people looking to beat off and get off.
It felt almost voyeuristic watching them...a sneak peak into what it would be like to watch two hot people fuck that weren't even aware they were on-camera. It was pretty thrilling for me, who is an avid viewer of Brazzers and Bang Bros where there is no 'fourth wall', and the actors often talk directly into the camera or poke fun of or joke around with the camera guy.
There are only two downsides that I saw for Almost Heaven. The first, would be the fact that the male actors wear condoms. I feel like a shitty person admitting that, especially with all the STD's out there, but the fact of the matter is...I like watching my boys with bare dicks. Xander's cock is too perfect and beautiful to be covered by a bunch of latex.
Secondly, the cum shot isn't nearly as prominent as you'd see in GONZO stuff (which is probably an upside for women just beginning to dabble in the beautiful world of PORN). It's downplayed for all those ladies out there that foolishly think "semen is icky" and would rather believe that a man shoots out Perrier or Vanilla Custard or some such shit. Please...lay it on thick for me, boys! I was SO hoping I'd get to see Xander shoot a big load all over Allie's adorably natural body, but...you only really get to see the aftermath of it...and where is the joy in that? I want moaning and shooting and dripping, juicy goodness!
Anyways, this movie gets FOUR out of FIVE orgasms from me. It definitely will be a go-to when I am in one of my rarer, romantic, sexual moods. And for guys in relationships looking for a way to finagle porn into your sex life...this might be a really good first start...
Labels:
allie haze,
rocco reed,
seth gamble,
xander corvus
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's a pretty great write up. Thank you for watching. It's always a pleasure when someone independent takes the time to write a review. I appreciate it.
Ed.
Post a Comment